Saturday, April 21, 2007

Earth Day Weed Pull

What did we do to celebrate Earth Day? We pulled weeds.

This, of course, was performed in an "earth-friendly" non-toxic low-impact low-tech traditional manual manner -- by hand and down low, that is... No herbicides were used. And I gained some cardio health benefit (including the back). The result was a huge pile of green material for our backyard compost pile.

By the way, some of the pulled weeds had deep roots going down a foot or more. I was so impressed that I took a photo of them...



If these weeds can grow so well in our soil, I'm rationalizing that some other plants will grow just as much. Here's a photo of some Japanese eggplants and cucumbers that I planted. I'm looking forward to seeing them grow.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, May 04, 2007, Blogger One Asian Eye said...

I love Japanese eggplants too! They have softer skin and are not as bitter as the other kind. Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home