Thursday, March 17, 2011

Raindrops on Peach Blossoms

There could be a poem I could write about the beauty of the peach blossoms on our tree after a California winter rainstorm, but maybe a photo will do instead.



Sorry, I haven't been posting much on our blog lately, but as you know, sometimes life gets busy. However, I've been doing some backyard work lately, so hope to add some new items.

One new addition to our backyard is a blackberry plant. It's a thorn-less variety called "Navajo". It has a Native American name because blackberries are native to this land. It's supposed to be able to tolerate heat. Sort of an experiment, so we'll see how it likes growing in LA this year.



Blackberries for me bring back childhood memories (with scratched up arms), since they used to grow wild behind our home. For this plant, I paid $6 at the local nursery. Seemed like a little too much for what used to grow like a "weed" in my parents' backyard. Blackberries are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants, so I'm looking forward to seeing this bush grow up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home